Today, at 21:00, you can watch on the www.EVZ.ro the moment of the interview when Sebastian Ghiță shows a photo that persuaded Ion Cristoiu that his interlocutor didn't lie and that he was close to people in the State.
In December 20, 2016, more than one year ago, the public opinion in Romania was awakened by breaking news that all the news televisions broadcast. Sebastian Ghita, former deputy and member of the Commission for the control of SRI, television owner, top businessman, fled the country. Not even eight days have passed and, on the evening of 28 December 2016 in prime time, a new bomb explodes, which counteracts the first: a first registration in a series of eight is broadcast in which Sebastian Ghita, the fugitive-as he is already named, makes staggering disclosures about the parallel State. The series ended on 16 January 2017.
As a result of the disclosures, the next day, on January 17, 2017, the almighty general Florian Coldea, first Deputy Director of SRI, is dismissed and discharged after years at the head of SRI.
From 16 January 2016, Sebastian Ghita, though at the end of the last episode promised that he would return with the disclosures, has not done that, he remained silent, and although sensational, those disclosures had a big problem: their author was missing, the press, the public opinion has not been able to ask questions, could not sort things out in relation to many things told by Sebastian Ghita.
Some of these things were announced as to be proved-in the future. Sebastian Ghita has not proven them anymore. As it is, for example, the famous photo or film about the presence of Codruţa Kovesi at his home or, as the journalists say, in a vineyard, it was a cellar there. Many things had details that needed to be explained.
At that time, after disclosures and even in their time, I have written many articles. I considered, and I repeat with all responsibility, that these are crucial disclosures in the battle between what I call the healthy forces in Romania, and the dictatorship of the messianic sergeants.
Being curious and aroused by those disclosures, I gladly took the invitation made by Evenimentul Zilei to travel to Belgrade and to have a discussion with Mr. Sebastian Ghita about those disclosures. The way of work, you’ll see, is as follows: I'll give you quotes from the records at that time and after each quote I'll have a discussion with Mr. Sebastian Ghita regarding the puzzlement that stirred each record and with evidence that he will bring.
“I’m not a fugitive”
Ion Cristoiu: So, hello, Mr. Sebastian Ghita!
Sebastian Ghita: Hello, Mr. Cristoiu!
- I want to tell you my pleasant surprise. I know you when you have left the country after that grim picture that all the televisions gave when they caught you at Belgrade with beard. You look very well, young man, you've lost weight. But what about that photograph? Why did you accept to appear?
- I've never agreed for it to appear, but in the vortex awakened that evening in the restaurant, one of the policemen made a photo, in a hurry. And then that photo came out slightly distorted.
- But, didn’t you have a beard?
- I had.
- You were undercover or why?
- I was a ran-away. I was gone and, sometimes, to not be recognized, a change helps.
- Anyway, I'm going to tell you something, not out of politeness, and for those who are looking at this series of now. I'm really glad you have not changed at all. You are happy, as I have said, but not irresponsible. Cheerful, you are optimistic, do not seem at all a fugitive, if I can say so.
- I’m not a fugitive.
"A man should have the chance to defend his life"
- The press gave you the pet-name fugitive.
- Yes, and maybe they ought to think better about how well they used it and how they will use this term. Because it's time, I think, to say very clearly that when a man's life is in danger, that man must have at least the chance to defend his life. Today, after a year, I think the whole Romania sees what thoughts had that so-called Prosecutor Mircea Negulescu, as encouraged by his superiors and colleagues.
- Not only him. There are many, many in the meantime disclosures that show that Negulescu was already a prototype of an investigator.
- Yes, and I couldn't pretend not to know that he had prepared a cell for me, that he had put some bullies there, a cell with miserable conditions, that he had moved Blejnar from a cell to another only to make room for me, that he had been a few days earlier at the prison from Câmpina to prepare the place where he was sure the judges will send Ghita.
I can't ignore that he praised in front of Andreea Cosma and others that he will burn me, that I'm finished, that I'm a walking dead. If I couldn't convince anyone in Bucharest that the man is downright crazy and it's able to do wrong, what else could I have done? Than go out of their way.
- Mr. Sebastian Ghita, I have here… I think I know you better than Stalingrad. This is my job, I read much. I don't want to, you now… I must disagree … you shouldn't leave the impression, at least not to me you can't, and that it was one Negulescu that had something with you. It was a whole machine, we'll talk, that came upon you. Negulescu was a cog in there, better polished.
- But I do not want to accredit the idea.
- I’ll accredit it.
- …that a whole State and whole institutions kill people in Romania. That it kills a career destroys families, that are sometimes inattentive to the rights and freedoms of the people, that's one thing. Negulescu was exaggerated and anyone is entitled to abstain from such a…
"I want to ask my friend Codruta if she plotted against me"
Ion Cristoiu: I understand. The comment with the machine belongs to me. Let's get started. So, the registration from 28 December 2016 begins as follows: "If the record began to run it means that things are no longer good at all and it means that no argument and no reason will make me quiet". The tape began to run on December 28, 2016 evening. You have left the country on the night of 19-20 December 2016. So 10 days have passed. Why was aired after 10 days?
Sebastian Ghita: first to protect those who aired the tape or who commented it or those who received it. Because you saw what happened, they were called and followed by the police, Prosecutor's Office. Journalists, directors… I decided that one of the mechanisms by which those tapes, CDs, Flash drives appear on television to be an envelope, sealed and left at the entry, or in an Office, or at the gate, so that it doesn't get every time in the same place.
- It's clear that you set a curfew when you said: that's it, give them!
- No one would refuse a white envelope in which came a stick. There's was a huge interest so I didn't have any fear…
- You are a man with experience and I am newsman. It's clear that you didn't place an envelope and that it was found by those and denied it. In the end… Of course, we don't want any trouble for the television. Those watching have to understand that, actually, you gave a signal at some point. I don't think they said: let's see! So it may occur.
- No, but if you look at the events then, immediately in Romania came the days before Christmas, after Christmas. Or, in my mind, and I am convinced that in the minds of those who decided to broadcast one day or another an episode, was the idea that on Christmas people mind their own business and other issues in Romania and the impact wouldn't be so great.
- You taped yourself?
- Well it's pretty easy to set a camera and to shoot a video with the technology of today.
"I didn't know if these people would drive over drive me or not"
- Why 8 episodes and not 6 or 10?
- Because I neither planned this flee or departure and because I did not have time to say more. And because it was still unclear and uncertain if this character with the elite unit and other characters that have explained now in the records. Perhaps the State's Attorney's Office will verify if Mrs. Codruta Kovesi coordinated Onea and Negulescu or if they just used her name. Someday, I'm curious, when I'll meet my friend Codruta, I'll ask her if indeed she plotted, she thought together with those two characters to do everything she did to me in these years.
- Why did you make … I mean what came into you?
- You asked me why on the 28th? Because before it was Christmas.
- No. Why did you start to register? Meaning you've gone. Before you left, you decided to register.
- Mr. Cristoiu, you've seen this Portocala. Do you understand that I was afraid of this man?
- Let's get over Portocala because we turn him into some sort of Mihai Viteazu. Once again I ask you. You've given eight records. Before you left you decided to make this action.
- What did you want from it? From this series. Why did you make it?
- I didn't know if these people are going to catch me or not, if they will harm me or not, if they would drive the car over me or not, whether someone would beat me in jail or not. And then I wanted to make sure that I call attention to the things that happen to me and that can happen to any man in Romania. To point out that we are no longer in the days of the Security before the 60's and that people can no longer be put in jail, beaten, humiliated, tortured, God knows what's in their minds. And try to say things as I've lived and I've seen them myself, not as are chewed the machines that scatter rumors and propaganda from their units…
"I know what embassies they have worked with and why Kovesi doesn't leave"
- And why have you stopped? Why haven't done 200? You left the impression, not incidentally I asked, that you've stopped the moment Coldea fell. This was the purpose of the operation?
- This wasn't necessarily the goal, but I expected to occur at the level of the Romanian intelligence service, some question marks. Not all the officers there, and especially Romanian officers there, not everyone knew what Florian Coldea does, what do others who worked with him and I thought, frankly, that at some point some of the internal mechanisms of verification will bring clarity. And it happened.
- Were you surprised that Codruta Kovesi didn’t fall?
- No. I know these people well. I know who they are in Romania, I know what embassies they've worked with, I know what foreign services they've worked with, I know what strong support they have and It's clear also why Codruta Kovesi does not leave today. But it's not my business.
- I'm not the one called to clean up the society. These are issues that need to be made by the Director of the service, the President of State, the heads of both Chambers, the committees in Parliament. In the end you should know that, however so, in an incipient state, our democracy, the mechanisms, systems, harder, tougher, but are beginning to work.
Te-ar putea interesa și: