In this second episode, the former Deputy talks about the people who appear in the picture, along with Laura Codruta Kovesi. The photo was taken at Ghita's home in Ploiești.
In today's material, Ghita speaks in detail about the parties organized in SRI villas on the occasion of the anniversaries of Florian Coldea, the businessman also speaking about the stories of those who participated in these events.
A paper in one of Ghita's dossiers is a document from a Romanian State operation
Wednesday night, after broadcasting the first part of the interview recorded in Belgrade, Sebastian Ghita and Ion Cristoiu were called from Romania TV studio.
Ion Cristoiu spoke about the backstage of the registration. He said that Sebastian Ghita revealed him that the first targets of the parallel State have been the press companies. The former lawmaker also told Cristoiu that a paper found now in the criminal case tied to possible corruption of voters in the Republic of Moldova, in the fall of 2014, was actually a document from an operation organized by the Romanian State that had no connection with electoral scrutiny and which Ghita would have given to Florian Coldea. Basically, Ghita is saying that the document of a State action that he attended was sent by Florian Coldea to DNA, though the former first Deputy of SRI was one of the organizers of the action. Cristoiu also said that Ghita left him the feeling throughout the 4-hour interview that he would protect the SRI.
About the the documents from Sebastian Ghiță's dossier regarding the connection with the elections in Moldova Vlad Cosma also made disclosures.
Located in the Studio, journalist Dan Andronic recalled a detail from the record of the interview: "there was a discussion about the pictures in Paris (with Elena Udrea and Alina Bica) how did they get in the press, who called Sebastian Ghiță to retrieve an IP address where the pictures were going to be on for a few hours."
Ghita: "Kovesi deals with the removal of Romanian companies off the market"
Sebastian Ghita intervened by phone Wednesday evening at Romania TV. "I haven't yet seen the Romanian Parliament to praise DNA. Only the embassies receive and decorate this DNA. First and early supporters of this Binomial are those from the U.S. Embassy. You have seen then the Dutch Embassy, Embassy of France or England", said Ghita. According to Ghita, the Dutch Ambassador would have a criminal record, at the Court of appeal. "There is also a public file, investigated by the Romanian authorities, at the Court of appeal, and where clearly and obviously the Dutch Ambassador was caught stealing with an Arab citizen. Mrs. Kovesi handles those interests that are not beneficial for the Romanian State and the elimination from the market of Romanian companies and interests, and to me this stuff doesn't sound like an institution (within the Romanian constitutional context (…) Mr. Dragnea told me about the Ambassador of Belgium, who boldly came up to him in the Office and said, "give me the North Train-station without auction", to make a real estate project. There's no Minister in Romania that does not tell, how, when they were invested, couldn't push the door how many ambassadors were there and had no room to enter because of them" said Ghita.
We now continue with the publication of the interview.
"We've never had any relationship. To end my relationship with Kovesi"
- Ion Cristoiu: Are you going to show us the photos?
- Sebastian Ghita: to you Yes, but I don't think it's time for me to do something more than the State President, over the decisions of the institutions of my country and try to challenge myself, in one way or another, the falling or maintaining of this lady Kovesi.
- You are going to the show it to me even during the interview, you will show it to me and I'm going to convince myself.
- -I'll show it to you now, so you no longer have any doubts about the visit Kovesi made to my house.
- Can I show it to the camera?
- No. Please!
- So I have the photo. You hold in your phone? I thought you hold it somewhere on a secret stick. I have the photograph and I must pose questions, I'm a journalist. Here in the back, what are these, books?
- Here is a wine cellar. In the basement of my house is an aromatic wine cellar.
- Mrs. Codruta Kovesi… you should be careful, you're an IT man. (Ion Cristoiu was looking into Sebastian Ghiță's phone)
- Turns off the lights once in a while.
- Mrs. Codruta Kovesi is next to a beautiful lady and a more grizzled gentleman, there are three persons, so that the viewers to understand please…
- They are members of my family.
- Members of the family, I suspect…
- There were other people there, too.
- We once had a dialogue at B1…
- We had no sentimental relationship. To end the subject of my relationship with Kovesi.
- Finally, you’ve convinced me because your wife was there. Well, she may not have been. One question: but why did you make pictures? The misses wanted to take pictures?
- We were much more relaxed, much more opened, with pictures, videos. But even here, at this event, there were some people, as in the Villa at SRI. I don't think the dismissal of an official, particularly the goddess of anti-corruption can be made by taking out pictures and films from the Service's locations. The Service will never agree to this. This photo is from my home. At my home in Ploiești.
"At one of those meetings, which later showed-up Victor Ponta, was also Codruța Kovesi"
Ion Cristoiu: You also had a wine cellar there?
Sebastian Ghita: there isn't a wine cellar there; there is a vineyard, near Mizil, which has a small restaurant and where I negotiated once in a while, in the fall. And at one of those meetings, which later Victor Ponta showed-up, was also Codruța Kovesi.
- So there were several people.
- Do you know why I've said these things? I have said it several times.
- First of all, why don't you want to make it public?
- I told you why. Because today, President Iohannis said that it doesn't matter what happens in DNA for the international partners, for other organisations in Europe and in America. The experiment Kovesi – DNA is a very successful one. Mr. Iohanis' electorate asks him to be on Codruța's side regardless of what stupid things she does, she didn't only do stupidities, she did good things too. And not for Dragnea and Tariceanu. Also from the electoral point of view, it's understood. And the question is who am I to break the decision? Haven't I had enough, since I got here?
- Dear viewers, I have seen everything Mr. Ghita says, I repeat with all the responsibility of a 50-year-old journalist, the evidence that Mrs. Kovesi was in friendship relationship not only with Mr. Sebastian Ghita, but behold, with his family, exists, I have seen that photo, I also commented it with Mr. Sebastian Ghita, I tell you that it exists, it is in his phone and in conclusion Mr. Sebastian Ghiță doesn't lie. In my opinion, I don't say she lies, because it's too harsh for a lady, Mrs. Codruța Kovesi doesn't tell the truth. Why she doesn't say it, let's ask Mr. Ghita, maybe he can tell us why she does not say, what's the story? And if she came to your home, what's the problem?
- I don't see any problem. I think she made a problem by lying. But do you know what's the biggest problem of these people, that I've said to them: Folks, Florin, Codruța, Mr. General Dumbrava, the heads in defending the Constitution, internal protection, all the heads of the institutions of this which I met daily, if I sat next to you, I've stolen and plundered and I did all that you blamed me for in the press at the command or order, us people what should we think about you, what have you done, you stayed with the most corrupt, thief, black man in your arms, so many years? Or have I stolen with another purpose, with you or…
- What’s the problem that she doesn’t recognize?
- They have no explanation for this stuff. You stood for 10 years mouth to mouth with this man and he stole from under your nose?
"I'm going to tell you something, Codruta rarely came to these meetings without Florin"
- Oh, I understood that’s it.
- They have created me such a bad image, that they can't justify. Now they have tacked and falsified files and created an image so bad that they have never been able to justify how they stood so close to me. Because I didn’t give them money, I've never done business with them; we've never had any arrangement.
- Mr. Sebastian Ghita, why didn't Mrs. Kovesi come home to me and came to you, what's the reason? I'm asking?
- Mrs. Kovesi couldn’t get in all the houses in Romania.
- But why you? I’m asking what the relationship was.
- Recognize or not recognize, in that moment, in that circle of people we considered ourselves friends. There were several persons. A lot of people.
- Who introduced you it and what was she when you first became acquainted? I don't think you knew her from the most ancient times.
- I’ll tell you something, Codruta rarely came to these meetings without Florin.
- Mr. Coldea was also there now or she came without him?
- Rarely, almost never, I don't know if I can say. Rarely did you see Codruta Kovesi without Coldea.
- At these meetings, which I understood that they were lively, Florian Coldea came to your home.
I sat in the queue like everyone else. "Hello. I'm Sebastian Ghiță”
Ion Cristoiu: and he often came together with Codruța Kovesi.
Sebastian Ghiţă: Rarely have you seen Codruța Kovesi without Florian Coldea.
- What was he, her bodyguard?
- They had a closer professional relationship, so I don't leave room for interpretations again, useless, I can tell you. We can accuse Kovesi, we can say anything, I never saw…
- So you invalidate any closer relationship than a professional one, even friendship. Tell me the next thing, once again I humanly ask you, how did you know her, you’re not going to tell me that you knew Codruta Kovesi from antiquity. Try to recall the time. What was she, what were you?
- She was Attorney General, and I think I met her at one of these celebrations, either December 1st, or the day of SRI…
- You met her at SRI?
- Who introduced you?
- I think it's something else to achieve now, you need to know that at such an event would come many people. Today it is called the parallel State, and then there were the heads of the institutions of the State, and the Attorney General was Codruta Kovesi. People stood in line to shake her hand, to notice her. There was a queue when she was Attorney General, and also when she became Chief of the DNA.
- And you stood in line?
- I stood in line like everyone else. “Hello. I’m Sebastian Ghita”.
- Usually in a meeting like that someone comes and presents you. People were mingling there; I haven't been to such a meeting.
- I can't remember what general or what director was the first time next to her, when…
- I try to create a cinematic image, there's a lot of people, cups …
- A lot of people today amuse me when they say "I've never been to K2", it was a queue then and they were very glad when someone from SRI noticed them.
Everyone would have wanted to reach out to as many parties and as small as possible, but not many did.
Ion Cristoiu: I have a picture, a party, there are situations in which someone leads you, let's introduce you, there are circumstances in which you request to be introduced and there are situations where, as you say, you went spontaneously. So spontaneously you went to her, no one said: Let's make your acquaintance.
Sebastian Ghita: spontaneously like every one at that meeting.
- And why did you go? What could the Attorney General do? I wouldn't have made a queue. They were curious to see a personality or referred to Ms. Kovesi's power?
- No, everyone was thinking that as long as the Attorney General knows them, sees them in that environment, maybe it's safer, maybe it's better seen, maybe will overlook any mistake, each had his reasons. What I say it's fun for me, is that today they no longer admit, although if SRI opens its gates again we'll see that it's going to be a scurry toward Baneasa that would make us laugh.
- There was an automatic register?
- I don't know, but let me tell you that all the locations have recording cameras at the entry and exit, cameras in the parking lot. If ever SRI wants to show an image from any of their headquarters I'm convinced they can do it.
- Where were they, at K2?
- Most public events goings-on, how each institution, with a serious position in the Romanian society, also SRI has a protocol Villa. There are housed the Presidents and other heads of State and executives from other services. It has an extremely serious reason the existence of that premises.
- When I saw the story with Sinaia which I have read before, so it’s a villa in Sinaia this is not a State secret. At one point the Mayor of Sinaia was in trouble. He started to talk too much, don't you know?
- I forgot.
- I ask you a question. And the musicians, who brought them?
- I did. So, simply. I asked them to come at a certain hour on a certain Street. SRI does not deal with musicians.
- What was the purpose of these actions? Parties, I mean.
- I am convinced that in your life you've had friends. Sometimes, from 7 to 11 we saw there, we had a glass, change two words; we exchanged ideas and then went home. What people do when they go to a party?
- After Dan Andronic made these disclosures with the parties, spree I call them, from K2, all have denied. Tell me why they were coming.
- They didn't denied, just that they confused them. Everyone would have wanted to reach out to as many parties and as small as possible, but many did.
- Why? If you chat with Director of SRI you become a better politician, stronger, I don't understand? Why?
- Because he knows so many things, because he can give you good advice, because he sees all day long the status in society, sees trends, sees the polls. A director, as Edward Helvig is today or how George Maior was, is already, informational speaking, well above the average of any man, as Florian Coldea. Consider, however, that they see, read, understand, morning until night the lives of 20 million people. And are in some way responsible, have a great responsibility in society and then, obviously, I don't want to talk about others, but for me it was a daily desire to learn, to know, to ask and I think many people have this desire.
Traian Basescu refused the invitations to these parties.
- Mr. Sebastian Ghiță in Germany politicians rush to attend BND parties?
- Yes. And also in the States, and in Washington, and in England, everywhere.
- How much depended in Romania, in recent years, a politician's destiny on the good relationship with the boys from the Services?
- Very much.
- So you are telling me that it was not the Service saying come to the spree, but they were rushing to get there. You were restless if weren't invited? Look, I've never been asked, I should be restless?
- Sir, you haven't been invited to the spree, but from what I know the Service with Mr. Maior, Mr. Helvig, make efforts to inform the press, to discuss, to communicate. With some he did at the spree, with others in private. Dan Andronic told me many times that as a journalist he went with a certain cadence at a meeting with the Director, at a meeting with the first Deputy and there exchanged various information.
- No, I haven't tagged the relationship. It's silly. Any Service, even in a dictatorship… in democracy it is normal that people from the Services to discuss. The problem was as follows: 1. there were dignitaries who were not invited? Why?
- Some were silly, others had too much mouth, spoke the next day, and others were not seeking the proximity of the Services and sought the proximity of Cotroceni, many things happen in a society. Bucharest, from this point of view, it's sparkling in the light of the diversity of relationships.
- Those who weren't invited were restless?
- Some Yes, others no. For example, our friend Elena Udrea was not quite so anxious because she knew the President protected her. Others were more worried… This guy was, this guy knows him, I do wasn't. And they were pounding, struggling and wanted to become acquainted to the level of courtesy.
- From the big bosses has anyone been invited and have declined? Elena Udrea was invited and did not come?
- Traian Băsescu.
- Why wasn't he coming? I even asked and he couldn't answer.
- He did to me. Because, however, he understood the position of President and said that it's inappropriate, it was natural; I wonder how many more of his family members they would have arrested if he wandered over to sprees with them, if he would have been familiar with them. There were also people who didn't… Daniel Morar, who had a colder and distant relationship.
- And I suspect that the President of the Academy.
- I think that there were events they met at.
Who celebrated its birthday in SRI locations?
- These moments, to say socializing, I also read the research made by Dan Andronic, were the following: there were official days, which are? December 1st?
- December 1st, the Service day, an event, a meeting of the Committee with other committees of the European States, England.
- Christmas? I am talking about parties.
- No. Christmas was celebrated with our families, but before Christmas, or two days after Christmas we were drinking boiled schnapps.
- So, there were. At these events who provided the services?
- The folks at SRI.
- So, people should have been there, not any householder could come there.
- They were their locations; however, it couldn't be anyone.
- That's one. After that, there were birthdays. Who were the heads of the SRI who celebrated their birthdays?
- I think that all, but in different configurations. You mention Mr. Coldea and Mr. Maior.
- Which of them?
- I think that all deputies at SRI, in various forms, invited their colleagues, friends.
- I am also referring to politicians. At those events you said that were invited dignitaries.
- Rarely have I seen celebrating of birthdays with institutional guests, I'd make a distinction.
- It's interesting what you say. Only at the official days…
- At the official days everyone attended, officials were summoned and a lot of them came.
- It's a very correct clarification on our part, because you're not quite friends with Florian Coldea, I understand that Florian Coldea didn't transform his birthday into a national holiday. It is very important to know the man.
- Things have changed in the many years I sat beside them. There were also times when he invited more people.
- The birthday was almost as the day of SRI, I ask.
- Many people were invited, but not as at the day of SRI, however I disappoint you. Coldea had the right to have and some friends, heads of institutions.
- I understood. It was SRI Day rank 2…
- I wouldn't call it so, even if you are disappointed. I don't deny, I don't say that there weren't some of his friends from institution, at one of his birthdays. Coldea don't call. Alarm, alarm. Today is Coldea's birthday, come barging in.
- I wanted to see a man, a man who transforms his birthday… does not invite only friends, but invites all the Roman State, it would be a problem.
- In ten years, a head of the Service is impossible not to widen his group of friends. From year to year, it is likely that more people came to his birthday.
- A bit more and the whole State would have come.
"I don't think the dismissal of an official, particularly the goddess of anti-corruption, can be made by running films and pictures with the locations of the Service".
"Codruța Kovesi was Attorney General of Romania. People stood in line to shake her hand, to notice her. There was a queue when she was Attorney General, and also when she became Chief of the DNA".
Increasingly shattering disclosures will follow.
Te-ar putea interesa și: